how much salt in that dinner last night..?

this morning, i could barely open my eyes because

1. i wanted to sleep a bit more,
2. my face was so bloated.

i tend to make my lunch-dinner (usually happens around 1030pm or so, after i get back home) and though i do end up eating out more than i think i should, because eat-outs tend to be smaller snacks, i dont think it has huge impact on my body (as much), as during the day time, the constant movement, if im lucky, a shortie run, drinking water and going to the bathroom, all these things keep the excess salt out of the system before i go to bed.

but we had a late-ish roomie din out last night, and though i consciously drank loads water (knowing that i cannot fit in my regular morning run because first call was TOO EARLY- headdesk), by the time i woke up, my face was so swollen it was almost comical.

eating the 'wrong thing' the night before always does my body in, and when i ate silly and i cannot sneak in a short session of gym in the morning (preferably before noon...), then things get even more complicated. usually gives me extra digestive system stress (bloating especially), tiredness, constant yawning, unusual hunger, all kinds of things.

close friends often make fun of me for eating in bed. i like it. one of my WILDEST DREAMS is to have a extra large pizza with way-to-many-toopings, and eat it in bed, reading articles and stuffs, and because it's a fantasy, all the crumbs will disappear by themselves...!

but even late bed snacking does not make me retain this much water.
i thought about putting my contacts on, but since i was so puffed up, i just grabbed my glasses.

i just wonder what was in the late-din out.
how much salt and how much sugar?
it is darn tasty but one does not really cook at home as if they would cook in a resto, and one of the major differences is amount- the sheer quantitative difference for fat, sugar and salt used.

my legal client was chuckling when she saw me:

'did you have an instant noodle last night? your face is so puffy! it's kinda cute!'

i have to laugh about it, but it is true that the most of the day was in that post-food-coma-haze somehow.

feeding self at home is a great way to get to know oneself.
yay to home food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

canned cocktail wiener found in walter hall

the violence of spring

someone quick, help poor ophelia.. wait, you mean she was 'help' herself? i guess she'll have to stay drawned then..