hows yer crew? and your money? and trust?

so my parents are in process of moving part of their money to my credit union.
my dad's been suspecting that sometimes, professionals who work for immigrant communities exclusively, are often too comfortable with clients' trust (and their limited resources for fact-check things in second/third language), and that leads to missed details, etc.

so though moving their $ to my cu would mean free running around for them (by me), i thought at least i should do this for them. *remind me that i did say yes, i would help, cuz i think i prob swear about that at some future point HA HA HA.

and so dad's things' in transit, and we were to look into mom (as she missed in-person appt due to back problem); and then suddenly, a text from my $ manager: hey can i call? okay, sure! 

first thing he says: hey im sorry
me: what? huh? what happened?

he then explains that cu just recently got on with upcoming promo where rrsps being transferred will be eligible for 1% bonus starting 2021 jan. and he's sorry that he didnt know about it before, and so dad wont get the bonus, but if we can wait to transfer mom's, she will get some free monies.

i was laughing.

in case you havent heard (probably not), this is what sometimes happens in smaller communties:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7465223/90-year-old-rbc-client-60k-fraud-advisor/
https://www.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/134455
https://www.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/134176

yep. the manager dude stole 60,000 from his client. probably banked on the fact the lady was 
prob not into checking her financial details due to her age and possible language barrier.   this particular mr shin has served several hundreds korean client files for past 18 years.
this is bad.

so dad's not off the mark. 

but to hear from my dude and that the first thing he says is that he's sorry dad wont get the bonus, as he simply got the promo notice now, 

now, that's an entirely different thing.

i know many people who are getting into robo-advisory and do-it-yer-self investments and stuff. i dont have anything against that. my feeling is that if there are pros, and trustworthy ones at that, i am happy to give them my business.  my first $ person, margaret, who moved to branch closer to home, has set me up so well- i never questioned her ability or more importantly, her personal interest in me doing well.

so when she left and said i should try my current $ dude, i said yeah sure. and then she said: if you feel iffy, just let me know, and i will continue to find a person you can trust, or i will look into continuing your file.

these are the kind of relationships that we can foster in our lives.
and i am so glad that i have few selected people who i can trust implicitly. and this is the wealth i create.

anyhow, here's my thoughts on that short call. i called dad and he said: your dude is sorry? why? im like- well cuz she's the one whos getting the bonus, but not you. 
dad: that's like... crazy. it's  not his fault!
me: well, there you go. nice guy. he didnt have to say ANYTHING.
dad's now entertained. and i hope that puts his mind at ease. and hers. 
and that bonus $.

things can be so different- with people. can you trust them? are you trustworthy? are we clear? 

if you want bank referrals, let me know HA HA HA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

canned cocktail wiener found in walter hall

the violence of spring

someone quick, help poor ophelia.. wait, you mean she was 'help' herself? i guess she'll have to stay drawned then..